- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- NM Teaching License
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and in harmony with goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to the students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assess the accomplishments of the students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Refered students for evaluation by district specialists as required.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Develop reasonable classroom rules of behavior. Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Make provisions for being available to the students and to the parents for education-related purposes when required.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for Educational Assistant(s) and volunteer(s), and cooperatively with department heads, evaluate their job performance.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Participate in district and campus staff development.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and community members.
- Maintain a minimum number of grades in the Gradebook in a timely manner.
- Meet the mentor teacher regularly (if new teacher)
- Perform other staff duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to organize special programs (after school clubs) for assigned campus
- Ability to use computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine, and telephone
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
- Evenings and weekend activities will occasionally be required.
- Position is in a classroom setting and requires intermittent speaking, standing, walking, and writing.
- Professional attire and hygiene as outlined in Staff Handbook.
How to Apply:JOB APPLICATION or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address any mailed resumes to:
Albuquerque School of Excellence
Attn: Mr. Mustafa Ayik & Mrs. Kristi Del Curto
13201 Lomas Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112